MAKROCLEAR™, MAKROLIFE™, SAPHIR®, COLORADO®
Transparent polycarbonate (PC) is a virtually unbreakable material for the toughest environments. Transparent PC has high clarity and good optical performance for applications where good visibility is important. It also has excellent temperature performance which gives good fire properties, the material is even self-extinguishing. Transparent PC is well suited for thermoforming or machining. Arla Plast has a wide portfolio of transparent PC sheets. Our transparent PC is available in different optical qualities, colours, frost, light transmission and with different surface structures. We also have a solar control version that helps to reduce temperature by letting the light pass but keeping the UV-radiation out. Special resins are used when FA (food approval) or FR (flame retardant) characteristics are needed. Most products can be chosen with a protecting UV-layer on top.
Product Range (Data Sheets):
- MAKROCLEAR™ – standard PC sheets for general purpose applications.
- MAKROCLEAR™ SQ – selected high quality PC sheet.
- MAKROCLEAR™ FR – flame retardant for better fire properties
- MAKROCLEAR™ FA – complies with food contact regulations.
- MAKROCLEAR™ HARDCOAT– standard PC sheet with scratch resistant hardcoat treatment.
- SAPHIR® – high quality PC sheets with a scratch resistant hard coat treatment.
- SAPHIR® FLEX – selected quality Polycarbonate with a unique flexible hard coating for curved applications
- SAPHIR® FC – polycarbonate sheet with a formable coating for visor applications
- SAPHIR® AF – polycarbonate sheet with Anti-fog coating for protection against water vapor condensation
- SAPHIR® AS – antistatic coated Polycarbonate for protection against electrostatic charging
- MAKROLIFE™ – standard PC sheets with UV protection. 10 years warranty.
- COLORADO® – coloured PC sheets with or without UV protection.
- COLORADO® LED –coloured PC sheets with diffusing properties.
- COLORADO® UV SOLAR CONTROL
- COLORADO FI-01
- PC FROST™
Applications: Transparent PC sheets are used in a wide variety of applications where unbreakable solutions are required
- Soundwall to reduce traffic noise
- Ice hockey rinks
- Machine protection
- Roof lights and roofing solutions
- Pool covers
- Ski lift bubbles