Opaque polycarbonate (PC) is a virtually unbreakable material for the toughest environments. It has superior impact resistance and a wide temperature range. It also has better fire properties, the material is even self-extinguishing. Opaque PC is well suited for thermoforming, bending or machining.
Arla Plast offers opaque polycarbonate sheets – MAKROTECH™.
MAKROTECH™ is available with different surface structures and in all possible colours. We are experienced in extrusion of standard glossy colours, metallic colours as well as matt colours. Dual colours are also available thanks to coextrusion of two different colour layers. MAKROTECH™ can be choosen with or without stripes (for camera/robot identification). Many products can be chosen with a protecting UV-layer on top.
Product Range (Data Sheets):
- MAKROTECH™ – opaque PC sheets for colorful, unbreakable solutions
- MAKROTECH™ UV – one side UV protected sheet for indoor or outdoor applications
- MAKROTECH™ MATT – with a matt surface
- MAKROTECH™ FA – complies with food contact regulations
- MAKROTECH™ FR – flame retardant for better fire properties
- MAKROTECH™ – with Stripe – For camera/robot identificatio
The sheets are used in a wide variety of applications where unbreakable solutions are required
- Suitcases where a combination of strength and low weight is needed
- Wall cladding for heavy duty environments such as hospitals or public environments
- Machine covers
- Agricultural equipment